What’s a better way to spend Valentine’s Day than making and sharing a sweet treat with the ones you love most?? These adorable and delicious heart-inspired snacks (and a yummy drink, too!) are a perfectly festive way to feel the love and make special memories together. See the recipes below and start some new Valentine’s Day traditions.
Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Lollipops
How cute are these chocolate-covered strawberry lollipops?! This snack is a little healthy, a little indulgent, and a whole lotta delicious.
- Container of fresh strawberries
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup of vinegar
- 1 bag Hershey’s milk chocolate chips
- 1 bag Valentine’s sprinkle mix
- Reusable cake pop sticks
- Wash strawberries and let soak in 3 cups water and 1 cup of vinegar for 15 minutes (this will also help them last longer in the fridge)
- Cut tops off strawberries and then cut in half
- Cut a small “v” at the tops of the strawberries to make into a heart shape
- Put sticks into bottom of strawberries
- Melt chocolate chips in 20 second increments (you can put a small amount of milk – about 1.5 Tbs – with chocolate chips to prevent burning) and stir until melted
- Dip strawberries in chocolate first and then into sprinkle mix
- Place on cookie sheet with wax paper and put in fridge for about 20-30 minutes to allow chocolate to harden
Heart Hug Pretzels
Salty meets sweet with these heart hug pretzels. They’re super easy to make and look as good as they taste!
- Square pretzels
- Hershey’s Hugs & Kisses
- M&M’s (any Valentine’s ones will work)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Place pretzels on a parchment-lined cookie sheet
- Put Hershey’s Hugs & Kisses on top of pretzels
- Bake for 1 to 2 minutes (until chocolate is soft enough to press M&M’s into)
- Press M&M’s into chocolates – (if chocolate is too soft, let harden a bit before continuing)
- Allow chocolate to harden completely and enjoy!
This crunchy delight is perfect for sharing with your sweetheart! Make your mix, put on your favorite romantic movie, and enjoy.
- 5oz white chocolate chips
- 5oz Red Candy Melts
- 1tsp shortening
- 5 cups Chex cereal
- 1 cup strawberry cake mix
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 bag Valentine’s M&M’s
- Divide Chex cereal into two bowls (2 1/2 cups each)
- In microwave – melt chocolate chips with 1/2 tsp of shortening (to help evenly spread) in 30 sec increments (careful not to burn chocolate)
- Melt the red candy next with other 1/2tsp of shortening
- Pour over each bowl of Chex cereal
- Use a large zip lock bag or Tupperware container with lid to mix 1/2 cup of strawberry cake mix and 1/4 cup of powdered sugar (for each bowl) together – add Chex cereal – close lid and shake until completely covered
- Repeat previous step for the second bowl of Chex mix
- In a large bowl mix together both bowls of Chex cereal and add 1/2 bag of M&M’s – stir together and then enjoy!
Love Bug Cocktail
This Love Bug Valentine’s Day drink can be kid-friendly or adult-friendly and is so much fun to sip on! Pair with one of the festive snacks above or have it on its own as a yummy happy-hour treat.
- 3oz white cranberry juice (can also use regular cranberry juice)
- 2oz Sprite (or lemon lime soda)
- 1oz grenadine syrup
**Adults – add 1oz vodka to spice things up!
- Fill glass with ice
- Add grenadine syrup
- Pour juice and soda into glass (adults can add vodka here if desired)
- Stir up and sip away!!
Thanks for reading! Which of these love-inspired treats will you be trying this Valentine’s Day? Let us know xo.
One thought on “Valentine’s Day Snacks”