If you’re looking for a little help in the kitchen, or for a way to make cooking meals easier and more enjoyable, then we have the perfect solution for you. Our Place, a brand that makes products that connect people over home-cooking, brings you the Home Cook Duo, made for and by home cooks. Their popular Always Pan and Perfect Pot make up the coveted Home Cook Duo, which are designed with game-changing ingenuity. So whether you’re a gastronomical genius or still a culinary novice, this duo will have you cooking meals to perfection, every time. Our girl Kristy is a queen in the kitchen, and this set was a no brainer for her. Find out more about these life-changing cookware essentials and see some of her creations below.
Simplify your life and declutter your kitchen with the Home Cook Duo. This duo replaces 16 pieces of traditional cookware, giving you an entire cooking system with just two items!! It will serve as your fry pan, sauté pan, steamer, skillet, saucier, saucepan, nonstick pan, stockpot, dutch oven, bread pot, roasting rack, colander, braiser, spoon rest, spatula, AND spoon. You can boil, crisp, bake, braise, roast, steam, strain, serve, pour…there’s really nothing you can’t do with this duo!
The Home Cook Duo is made with a nontoxic, nonstick ceramic coating and a sturdy aluminum body for fast and even heat distribution. The Perfect Pot and Always Pan are compatible with all cooktops, are super lightweight, and also extremely durable. Home cooking is now easy and enjoyable…what’s not to love?
The Always Pan
The Always Pan is a best-selling cult favorite for a reason! The do-it-all wonder cooks amazing meals and looks good, too. The pan is available in 9 different colors – Kristy’s pan above is the “Spice” color and she loves the earthy terracotta vibe it gives. But the best part? All of the delicious food you can make…check out some of her favorites.
1. Chicken Piccata
This tasty recipe is easy to make and a dinner that the whole family will love.
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts (butterflied and cut in half)
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- All-purpose flour, for dredging
- 6 TBS unsalted butter
- 5 TBS extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup brined capers, rinsed
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter with 3 tablespoons olive oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add 2 pieces of chicken and cook for 3 minutes. When chicken is browned, flip and cook other side for 3 minutes. Remove and transfer to plate.
- Melt 2 more tablespoons butter and add another 2 tablespoons olive oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add the other 2 pieces of chicken and brown both sides in same manner. Remove pan from heat and add chicken to the plate.
- Into the pan add the lemon juice, stock and capers. Return to stove and bring to boil, scraping up brown bits from the pan for extra flavor. Check for seasoning. Return all the chicken to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove chicken to platter. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to sauce and whisk vigorously. Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley.
2. Stracciatella Soup
Soup is food for the soul! This healthy recipe is delicious and nutritious.
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 4 eggs (whipped)
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Shaved Parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper flakes to garnish
- Simmer chicken (or vegetable) stock on medium heat and slowly add whipped eggs.
- Let cook for about two minutes and then add uncooked spinach. Continue to cook until wilted. Add grated Parmesan cheese.
- Garnish with shaved Parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper flakes.
3. Homemade Hamburger Helper
This is a quick, simple comfort meal that’s great for those busy fall evenings.
- Lean ground beef (93% or higher)
- 1 TBS arrowroot powder
- 1 TBS paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened original almond milk
- 2 cups whole wheat pasta
- 1 cup fat-free/low-fat grated cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef until fully cooked.
- Add the arrowroot powder, paprika, garlic/onion powder, salt, sugar and pepper – mix until evenly coated through ground beef.
- Add water, milk, and pasta and bring to a boil. Cover with a lid and simmer for about 8-11 minutes until pasta is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and add grated cheese. Stir until melted and enjoy!
4. Fried Oreos
No meal is complete without dessert. This recipe will hit the spot every time.
- Vegetable oil
- Powdered sugar to garnish
- Follow directions on Bisquick box for pancake batter.
- Set batter aside and heat vegetable oil in the pan.
- When oil is hot, coat Oreos in pancake batter and place into pan, cooking until batter solidifies.
- Remove from pan and let cool. Garnish with powdered sugar.
Stay tuned for more recipes made with Kristy’s Perfect Pot!!