Summer camping means sing-alongs, ghost stories, and roasting marshmallows over the fire in the great outdoors. It also means dealing with the elements and being prepared for anything that may happen. While camping gives us the opportunity to get out in nature and find some tranquility, it is important to plan your camping trip accordingly so you can make the most of your outdoor adventures. Whether you’re spending a night, a weekend, or an entire week in the wilderness, we’ve rounded up some camping essentials you’ll definitely want to have on hand. See our roundup below.
1. Pull up a chair and grab yourself a drink! This camp chair comes equipped with a four-can cooler, cup holder, and side pocket so you can sit back and relax.
2. Repel pesky bugs while you light the way. This citronella candle lantern burns for 70+ hours so you can use it all weekend long.
3. These paper soap sheets are perfect for washing up on the go! The mini size makes it easy to pack for travel…just take sheet, add a little water, and soap up. Scrub-a-dub.
4. This compact and convenient portable water dispenser pops on top of a 5-gallon water jug and dispenses water with just the touch of a button.
5. This cast-iron cooker is great for making melty, gooey sandwiches over the fire! Grilled cheese, Nutella and fluff, or lunch meat with veggies…get delicious, toasty sandwiches in just minutes.
6. A solar-powered, portable oven? You better believe it! Pop this baby in the sun and cook a meal in as little as 20 minutes.
7. Meal prep is no problem with this camping table! Store your cooking tools and supplies on the double shelves and chop, slice, and dice away on the sturdy aluminum roll-top.
8. Camping with kids? This portable potty makes using the bathroom way less stressful for everyone. Plus, it’s easy to carry and easy to clean!
9. It’s a table, it’s a cooler, and it’s everything you need for an evening around the fire! This collapsible camping table holds all of your food and drink essentials.
10. If you’re planning a lengthy camping trip, or inviting lots of friends and family, having a tabletop griddle will make mealtime a breeze! Make breakfast, grill steaks, or serve up sizzling veggies. All you need to do is add propane.
11. Have family dinners or game night at this folding picnic table. It even comes with an umbrella to provide a little extra shade!
12. If you’re camping in the middle of the woods with no restroom facilities in sight, this 2-room shower tent will give you a private space to shower and change so you can feel refreshed and ready to go.
13. Add a little light to your cooler situation and say goodbye to fumbling for your favorite beverages in the dark!
14. This personal water filter can turn any water into drinking water. It removes bacteria, parasites, and microplastics so you can hydrate safely.
15. A first-aid kit is a must! Whether you’re dealing with scrapes and cuts, a tricky splinter, or a minor burn, this kit has everything you need for easy first aid, and the travel size zipper pouch is practical and durable.
Shop Camping Essentials
- Bring a battery-powered table fan to keep bugs away from food
- Use walkway solar-powered lights for safety & ambiance
- Bring battery-free entertainment (card games/board games)
- Bring comfort items to prevent homesickness with little ones
- Lavender dryer sheets will help to repel bugs and make your clothes smell nice
If you don’t have the time to whisk your family away to the woods, or you really just don’t love the outdoors, you can have your own camping adventure indoors! Grab some pillows and blankets to make a fort or invest in one of these fun indoor tents, pick your favorite movies to watch or books to read around an artificial campfire, and make some delicious Teddy Grahams S’mores in the oven! See the recipe below.
- 1 bag of marshmallows
- 1 can of Pillsbury pizza crust
- 1 box Teddy Grahams (you can use any flavor you like – we used honey)
- 1 bag Hershey’s milk chocolate snack bars
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Lay out pizza crust
- Cut into strips with pizza cutter
- Place one Teddy Graham, a few marshmallows, and chocolate on pizza crust strip
- Fold strip over so top of Teddy Graham sticks out
- Use a fork to seal edges of pizza crust strip
- Brush crust with butter
- Place on foil-covered baking sheet
- Bake for 12 minutes or until crust is golden brown and chocolate is melted
- Place on a plate and enjoy!!