It’s that time of year when the weather is getting nicer and you’ll spend hours trying to convince your kids to put down the iPads and get outside for some much needed fresh air! If you’re struggling to find fun outdoor activities for your littles, we’ve rounded up some enticing options that will provide endless afternoons of entertainment. See our roundup below.
Toys and Games
Your kiddos will be entertained while building hand-eye coordination, dexterity, and critical thinking skills. They can tend to a butterfly garden, play a game of frisbee golf or Connect 4, or build their very own rocket launcher!
These toys will offer hours of fun and keep your young ones active. Watch them blow bubbles, ride a bike, or bowl strike after strike.
Add a (semi)permanent play fixture to your backyard so the kids can play time and time again. A swing set, basketball hoop, or inflatable pool for those sweltering summer days are all wonderful options!
And if you’re looking for an easy hands-on activity you can do with your kids, these DIY birdfeeders are great for spring!!
What you need:
- Peanut Butter
How to make birdfeeders:
- Cut cardboard into whatever shapes you prefer (we did hearts!)
- Punch a hole at the top and tie a piece of string into a loop
- Spread peanut butter onto both sides of cardboard cutout
- Dip onto plate of birdseed to cover peanut butter completely
- Hang feeder from tree or bush and wait for the birds to flock!